Wednesday, October 28, 2009

First Class

We had our first Labor and Delivery Class on Monday night. I have been meaning to blog sooner about it, but time has gotten away from me. The class is held at the hospital for 5 weeks every Monday night. There are only 3 other couples in our group, and only 2 of them came on Monday. They are really nice though. Their due dates are 12/5 and 12/6, so they are a month ahead of us. Our instructor is really nice. We did things like write down questions that we had about the last month and delivery. We watched a movie showing a few different births. We learned about the hospital's policy or guidelines for delivery. We practicing breathing through a "contraction" (obviously, not a real one). They say it can help to rub your stomach during a contraction. So, I rubbed my stomach while Jeremy timed my minute long contraction. Then he rubbed my stomach while timing my minute long contraction. It will be interesting when I am in labor how much I want him to touch my belly. In general (like when I am mad or sad), I would rather not be touched... perhaps labor is different. We discussed this on the way home :) We learned stuff though about the phases of labor and what to expect. It was good, but exhausting to go from work and then class for 2-1/2 hours and then back to work the next morning. I was definitely tired on Wednesday.

I had a teacher tell me today that I have really started to "pop" this week in particular. I tend to agree with her assessment. I said that's good because my parents are going to come visit and haven't seen me in person for about a month, so I might as well give them something to look at! Hope everyone is having a great week. It is already Thursday tomorrow; enjoy the last two days.

No comments: