Friday, January 22, 2010

Bits and Pieces

It has been a few days since I last blogged.  I didn't want to be one of those people who do nothing but blog about their baby as though it is their whole life, but I have come to realize that when you stay at home with your baby, it pretty much is your whole world.  I count on Jeremy to keep me updated on how the real work world works with his stories from work.  It is usually enough to keep me sane :)  Here are just a few random things from the last few days.
  • We had new windows installed on Tuesday.  So, they worked upstairs installing the windows while Madison and I hung out downstairs.  Then, we flipped, and they came downstairs to install the last two windows, while we hung out upstairs.  The installers were really nice.  I know that sounds strange to say, but they were just were normal guys who were congenial, did their job, and didn't make me feel uncomfortable.  Now, we no longer have a draft flowing from the window onto our couch.  It is fantastic.
  • On Wednesday, Madison and I had our first venture out of the house on our own.  We managed to get up and shower (well, I showered) and out the door by 10am to go to the Breastfeeding Support Group at the hospital.  It was good for me to get out and socialize and to hear that Madison is normal - and maybe even has less issues than others!  She has a lot of gas or some kind of stomach pain.  I talked the peditrician and she is now getting Mylicon (sp?) with most feedings.  I hate to rely on medicine of any kind, but if it helps her not hurt, I'll do it.  Here she is, ready to go in her car seat!



  • On Thursday, we went out again.  This time we suited up and went on a short walk around the neighborhood.  It took about 20 minutes, but it was probably only about 3/4 of a mile or so.  Here are some pics of Madison all dressed to go out.  (I love when she wears this little outfit because it is what the money from her Great-Grandpa J helped to buy.  It makes me feel like he is here with us sometimes.  Thanks, Grandpa!)   I love our stroller so far, too.  It is just a stroller frame, so it folds up tiny, is lightweight, and easy to open and close.
  • On Thursday night, we hung out on the couch briefly after nursing.  I looked down and thought that she just looked like queen of the world the way she was sitting.  Jeremy took some pics.  I included the one of me with her.  I am a bit frazzled looking as a shower just didn't happen on Thursday, but who cares... her cuteness will outshine my frumpy-ness! :)

Jeremy is adjusting to his new job.. lots of computer stuff going on their.  His first computer kept shutting down; the second computer was really slow.  Finally, the tech people came and replaced a graphics card in his first computer and it was back working again today.  So, he has had technical difficulties.  It is nice at this job because he has flex time.  So, as long as he puts in 8 hours a day, he can go in anytime between 7-9am.  He has been going in earlier, so that he can come home earlier.  I am so thankful for that.  By the time he gets home at 5pm, I am ready for some relief... or just another human being :)  He, unfortunately, usually gets home about the time Madison is eating, so he gets stuck working on supper (if it isn't being brought to us).  I guess we are learning that our work days don't really end like they used to.  Keep him in your prayers as he adjusts to a new job and a new life at home. 

No comments: