Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's been awhile

I realized I hadn't posted since Friday.  That means I have either been too tired or too busy.  I am sure it was a combination of both.  I have no idea what we did on Saturday... it was a long time ago.  I must have wore her around the house because I had Jeremy finally take a picture for me.  Please ignore the bad hair and pajama wear.  I usually shower and get ready for the day.... it just hadn't happened :)














On Sunday, we made it to church again.  This time we went to second service (at 10:30am) because of the times she was eating.  It was good to be there and she is a pretty good church-goer right now.  Jeremy watched the Saints win the Super Bowl.  Somehow I saw none of it between nursing and putting Madison to bed.  That's okay, I am sure he cared more than me.  It was apparently a great game. 

My parents came on Monday night because I had two doctors appointments on Tuesday.  They stayed on Tuesday through my first appointment with the OB.  (Good report there... he said I was a great healer!)  Mom was able to give Madison a bottle - over 2 ounces!  They headed home around noon before the roads got any worse.  It took quite a while for them to get home, but they made it safely.
 
She has also been sleeping a little better.  I have had a few nights with a 5 hour stretch and at least a 4 hour stretch every night.  It is wonderful.  I am reading the book Secrets of the Baby Whisperer by Tracy Hogg.  I know there are lots of books and ways of doing things.  I am really liking what this one says.  She advocates a routine - but not a schedule focused on time.  The routine is E-A-S-Y, which stands for Eat, Activity, Sleep, You (mom time to rest/do things).  For her activity today she played for the first time on her activity mat.  Maybe you can see her between all the toys that are hanging there!  She looked around for quite awhile before letting me know she was tired of it.  The book also says to put your baby to sleep in her bed for her naps.  So, we have been doing that today (Wednesday) instead of holding her or hoping she sleeps in the pack n play with all the household noise.  It is going okay - not a disaster and not a tremendous success.  But we are having to re-program from the other as well.  We'll see how tonight goes when she goes to her bed again.  The book

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

Me again!!! I check this blog often to "see" Madison and find out how you're doing. I can see that she probably really liked the carrier -- she LOVES her mommy and being close...really close!! She could be the star of her own book "Where's Madison" on the exercise mat. I think she will like it more everyday as she begins to really focus and coo. CUTE little Peanut. Have a good evening.
Love you all lots.
MOM E