Sunday, March 7, 2010

Stuff

We had family sports night, as my mom called it, last night.  Jeremy let me play volleyball for the first two games while he and Madison hung out on the sidelines.  He played the next two.  I hung with Madison, who had the most disgusting diaper ever!  I think it is because she was sitting in the car seat and when she dirtied the diaper it went straight up the front - yuck!  I played one more game before we left a little early to get the little tyke fed and put to bed.  There are no injuries to report.  I am less agile and more out of shape (and I can't serve overhand) than before.  I did get some nice hits in - off the net, no major jumping skills available for hits on the net.  Jeremy did a nice job as well.  From what I saw, he had a few good hits and a dig or two. (He probably did better than this, but I didn't see much as I was preoccupied.) 

Also, I think we have a thumbsucker on our hands.  Yes, she is super talented with her eye, hand, mouth coordination and has managed to get her 1/2 inch thumb into her mouth on a fairly regular basis.  I must say that it is nice when I lay her in her crib that she can suck on that for a few minutes and drift peacefully off to sleep.  Hopefully, she won't become the toddler that walks around day and night never removing it from her mouth.  And if she does, oh well, there could be worse things. 

Walks and sunshine are wonderful things.  I have really enjoyed being able to get out of the house for 20-40 minutes and walk with her.  It is good for both of us.  Jeremy's cousin, Greg, came to hang out last night.  The first non-immediate family to visit.  Congrats, Greg!  We gave him the prize of some homemade chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal scotchies.  Every college student needs something homemade once and awhile.  It was good to see him, and he even entertained Madison for awhile!  Well, that's it for now.  Have a great Sunday and good start to the work week.

No comments: