Saturday, July 17, 2010

Various Things

Things to share...
  • Sleep has been a crazy thing for Miss Madison lately. For about 3-4 nights in a row, she would wake up screaming - as if in pain, but not. This would last - with or without our comforting presence - for about an hour. It has stopped, and we are thankful. Naptimes for the last 3 days were only an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. This is not enough time for me or for her. She would wake up cranky and needy. Finally, today we saw two 2 hour naps again. I just have to work to keep her up and playing long enough!
  • One evening this week (Thursday, I think), Jeremy gave her a bottle... apparently, she was tired.
  • Last night, Jeremy played softball on a co-ed team that needed a sub. It was fun for him. Madison and I went out to watch and enjoy the, surprisingly, nice evening.
  • Today Jeremy and I each took time to do something "adult" sans child. Jeremy went on a 50 mile bike ride in the morning. I went to see Letters to Juliet at the theater in the afternoon. It was a glorious thing. (Going to the theater... the movie was okay.)
  • During supper, we often let her "eat" foods through her little mesh food bag. She loves it. We have given her all kinds of things. I realize that you shouldn't give small kids berries, but she seems to have no problem with them. It is a messy, messy ordeal, but she is happy, we are happy, and all is well. Check out the damage---

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

CUTE!!!!! I think I see food on the wall behind Madison -- look out - those red berries could be dangerous to your carpet and walls :)
We made it to Ashboro NC last night. Should only have about 2 1/2 or 3 hours left.
LVOE YOU ALL
MOM