Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Almost a week’s worth…

So, I did give you fair warning that it might be awhile til the next blog.  It has finally arrived for those of you eagerly anticipating it!  On Thursday, my parents came down to Columbus.  Jeremy found a great deal on some great seats for my mom and I to go to the George Strait/Reba McEntire concert.  He worked the concert – down on the floor, near the stage.  Mom and I enjoyed the show.  I particularly enjoyed the surprise appearance (to me) of Barbara Jean from the Reba show.  I think she is absolutely hilarious, and she was!  My dad had some special Grandpa time with Madison – playing, giving her a bottle, and putting her to bed – while we all went to the concert.  I think he enjoyed it.  Here are some photos:

DSC_1092DSC_1119 

 DSC_1111 DSC_1110

My parents took Madison home on Friday to play until we came home on Saturday.  So, Jeremy and I went to the Melting Pot to celebrate his birthday.  It was so nice to sit for 2 hours, talk, relax, and not feel pressure to get home or be distracted by a little one who is so cute we can’t keep our eyes off her :)  On Saturday, Jeremy got up bright and early and started a biking journey with Mike and Josh.  They biked from our house to my parents – approx 110 miles.  They had a hard journey and made it just before the rain hit!  I left the house and went to visit my brother’s family.  It has been awhile since I saw them, and I thought it would be good to stop in. My niece said (to her mom, not me) she was glad I came, but wished I would have brought Madison.  Cousins are apparently taking priority over aunts now…..  At my parents, Madison LOVED swinging.  I wish we had a swing – correction, room for a swing – at our house.  At any rate, here are some pics…

 DSC_1137DSC_1145

         DSC_1128        DSC_1129

Finally, we went to hang out with Jeremy’s family because (well, why not?) his brother, sister and her fiance were in town.  It was good to see everyone.  We went to the Wayne County Fair – Madison’s first fair.  She was a trooper – eating, seeing animals, riding the stroller.    DSC_1149 DSC_1150

                             DSC_1166

Thanks for reading/looking.  We’ll see if I can get another post in before the weekend.  Have a good one.

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

What a weekend you had -- I had a great time Thurs and all weekend as well. It was so nice to have Madison all to ourselves, (and that you could have a "date"). She is a sweetheart!!!!! Glad we could celebrate Jeremy's B-day with him. (Dad is still eating Ice Cream Dessert!!)
Love all the pictures.
God Bless and have a good balance of another week.
MOM