Friday, November 12, 2010

And the award for ...

smartest baby goes to MADISON!!!! (Yes, I know some of you out their will say your baby is the smartest - we're both right!) Tonight Madison and I were sitting in her rocker before bed reading a story titled "Monkeys" - a thrilling board book. As I was reading, counting monkeys, and making monkey noises, Madison was listening intently ... until she wasn't. She started squirming forward and looking somewhere else; I thought she wanted to get down to play. So, I pulled her back on my lap and continued reading. She started leaning forward and looking elsewhere again. I finally followed her line of sight and saw..... A MONKEY on her mobile. I was so impressed that she made the connection between the mobile monkey and book monkey. It has been ages since we made the animal noises for her mobile animals; I wonder if she still remembers that. At any rate, I thought it was pretty cool she made this connection. In other Madison news, she has learned (just tonight) how to pull up on the couch. And she is starting to "cruise" - a little recklessly - along the couch and tables. She seems happier now that she can do it herself and not wait on us to help her stand all the time. Cool.  As an added bonus, here are some cell phone pictures from the last bit…

     IMG00203-20100917-0942        IMG00601-20101108-1023

1030101713

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Madison most certainly is the smartest baby in Gahanna. And I know she is the sweetest baby in the whole world! Love her recent pictures. She has my vote for "The Best" award. Love you all, Grandma Y