Monday, March 10, 2014

A glimpse of spring

Did you experience it?  We did.  On Friday, it was beautiful!  Although I wouldn’t say spring is my favorite season because of all the rain, the transition from winter to spring reminds me of fall because of the cool temps.  And fall is my favorite season.  As soon as Ellie woke up from her nap on Friday, Madison hoped on her tricycle, and Ellie grabbed her plastic baby stroller, and we took off.  Sandy joined us for the first 10 minutes or so to the end of the sidewalk and back.  The girls wanted to continue on to the park.  It was a perfect day, so I said yes.  They both made it there.  Then, we played for about 10 minutes.  Ellie is now big enough to go up the steps without crawling.  Madison learned how to do the fireman’s pole (while being spotted, but not held).  The journey home was a little more tiring because Ellie wasn’t as excited to walk as she was on the way there.  So, I alternated carrying her and making her walk while I carried her baby stroller.  Madison was a trooper and made it all the way home!  It will be fun to get out more, breath fresh air, and soak up the sun.

Because I didn’t take my camera to the park, and I think a picture always makes a better post… Ellie is always ready for action at our house

DSC_3237

One last final note, Madison went bowling for the first time.  Jeremy and her went to the bowling alley to have some fun with his cousins, while Ellie took a nap (and I supervised her).  She used the bumpers and a little ramp to send the ball down the lane a little faster.  Jeremy has a video on his phone; I’ll see if I can upload it later.  Apparently, she is a good bowler – she had an 88 the first game (beating her daddy by 5 pins!).  The next game she had a 76 (Jeremy won this won with a 113).  She had a lot of fun!  We may need to start family bowling nights!

No comments: