Monday, April 21, 2014

Geocaching

On Saturday, it was so beautiful, and we had no plans.  I was trying to think of something fun to do with the girls after naps.  I thought I bike ride would be nice, but then I remembered that I had no bike … or I had to be the one to pull the trailer of kids.  It wasn’t quite warm enough for the sand box, and we had been in the yard a lot that day anyway.  Jeremy suggested we see if there were any geocaches around.  (If you don’t know what geocaching is, click here.)I am pretty sure that we hadn’t geocached since Colorado (like 4 years ago!).  He went online and found a few in this area.  So, we took off for one near MCC Connections.  Madison on her trike, Ellie in her stroller.  We discovered it just as the clue said on the light pole.  The girls picked their first “treasures” from the container – a paintbrush for Madison and a plastic shark for Ellie.  We thought we would try to find a second on in the park, but Jeremy’s battery died on his phone before we located it.  And Ellie was really antsy to slide!  So, we will have to try for that one another day.

I am thinking this could be a family hobby. The girls are (almost) old enough – Madison was really excited and stuck with it; Ellie was excited for the first one and then lost interest.  I think there are quite a few close, so I’ll keep you updated. 

No comments: