Friday, April 18, 2014

Happy Birthday, to me!

I celebrated my birthday this week – really, the whole week was birthday week, which I am not going to complain about!  On Tuesday, my parents took us out to eat at Ming Hing for the lunch buffet.  I don’t know if I have ever been there.  It was a decent buffet for a decent lunch price.  Then, on Wednesday, the Yohs took the girls for the day.  I picked up Steph for a girls day out.  We went shopping for our kids, mostly, but did hit up a store to find a dress for me for Easter.  Surprisingly, we found one at the one store we stopped at (Thanks, Sears!) at a 50% off price (Thanks, again, Sears!).  We had lunch at Ruby Tuesday.  Not only did we enjoy tasty food, but very good conversation.  It is not often I spend one-on-one time with my sisters-in-law.  I should do it more often, or more intentionally.  I think it would be good for us, and it would be a good break from mothering duties.  I made it home by about 3:30.  Jeremy had been out getting angel food cake, strawberries, and ice cream in honor of my birthday.  We ordered pizza (so I didn’t have to cook!) and invited his parents to stay and join us for the party.  The girls were all concerned my party wasn’t extravagant enough – where is your happy birthday banner?  where are all the people?  where are your presents? I assured them that I was happy with things just as they were.  Madison helped me blow out my candles and put the birthday tiara on me, so I, too, could be a birthday princess. 

DSC_3318     DSC_3319

I received some replacement cups, new “pizza pans” for the girls to bake in (Ellie broke the other one she used), beautiful cards well decorated, birthday cash, and nice words in a card from Jeremy.  I have one more birthday date with just Jeremy and me.  And one more angel food cake – with spoon dip this time – to eat.  Then, my week is officially over.  If you ask me how old I am, I will probably have to do some math in my head.  I never really remember.  And honestly, I don’t know if it is a sign of age, or that I really don’t care.  I figure I am just thankful for the years God has given me, and while each year is different than the last, they all work together to make me, me.  So, I am as old as I am.

No comments: