Thursday, July 10, 2014

Beauty Day

I decided to do “beauty day” with the girls on Wednesday.  Madison was wanting her fingernails painted, and I decided to add a few things to it because we had no other plans for the day.  She was really excited as we talked about it Tuesday night – we needed to decorate, we needed to visit Grandma and have Grandpa come see, etc, etc.  Well, we didn’t do everything she asked, but I think it was pretty successful.

We decorated and put on their “spa clothes”

DSC_3682

They entered and had oatmeal face masks first.  I mean, what is a beauty day without face masks? (Right, Sandy?) 

DSC_3684

DSC_3687     DSC_3685DSC_3688

I painted their toenails while their face masks were drying.  (Ellie on the left; Madison on the right.)

DSC_3689     DSC_3690

We admired and washed off the face masks.

DSC_3693     DSC_3695

Then, we moved on to fingernails – only Madison wanted hers painted; Ellie was losing focus.

We ended with hair.  I French braided from one side over the top to the other side on Madison’s hair.  It wasn’t awesome, but I was pretty proud of it.  They did each other’s hair.

DSC_3696

Finally, it was my turn.  The girls took turns spraying and combing my hair.  There were moments when there were clips in it, but by the end, it was just wet and straight. 

DSC_3703

I would call it a raging success. 

No comments: