Friday, January 13, 2017

Happy Birthday, Ellie!

Ellie turned 5!  Our baby is a whole handful of fingers.  How is that even possible?  She came into the world with a bang, and continues to bring light wherever she goes.  She is spirited and talkative.  She is cuddly and reserved.  She is a book lover and a baker.  She adores her big sister and can’t wait for her to come home each day.  (Although while Ellie talked to one of Jeremy’s cousins this Christmas, the conversation went something like this, “Ellie said she misses Madison when she is at school, but when Madison comes home, she regrets missing her.”  Oh, the love of sisters!)   Ellie is a PBS-aholic and a candy eater.  She is a special gift from God.  One of her favorite things to say is, “I love you, Mommy, but I love God more!”  Well, I’ll take it, and hope it continues to be the trend for her life. 

DSC_0207

She and Madison celebrated their birthdays with a joint birthday party.  While I posted pictures in my birthday post for Madison, I left out the ones of Ellie, so I will put them here.  She chose to have a Doc McStuffins cake.  I cannot draw a person on a cake, so we found a picture of a doctor’s coat that would suffice.  Even that proved to be a challenge.  She helped me by watching and placing on the hearts and candles.

DSC_0454

Again, we enjoyed all the family that we had in our house.  Every time I get together with family (either side), I am thankful for the way we talk and laugh together. We ate (coney dogs, cheesy bow ties, baked beans, bulgar salad, veggies, chips)

DSC_0458     DSC_0459

sang “Happy Birthday” with more successful blowing out of the candles this year!,

DSC_0470     DSC_0473DSC_0475  DSC_0477

opened presents,

DSC_0497     DSC_0490DSC_0482

and enjoyed the night together. 

DSC_0509     DSC_0506DSC_0499  DSC_0511

Unfortunately for Ellie, the sickness continued to filter through our family.  While she was on the upswing on her birthday, Jeremy had just went down in flames!  So, instead of getting to go eat out and pulling her cake out of the freezer for birthday #2, she and I just went on a stroller walk (in January, can you believe it!?!) to Quince to pick out a donut.  She picked out chocolate on chocolate.  I think it looked better than it tasted.  It was a cake donut, and I don’t think she is used to eating those.  She was pretty happy with it anyways.

IMG_2303

She was eagerly awaiting her on saved birthday gift from us to open ON her birthday.  It was a mermaid tail blanket, just like Madison got.  (Thanks to a wonderful woman in our church who offered to make a second one after I bought the first one at the Thanksgiving day sale!) 

IMG_2305

They are two peas in a pod, and while they usually get along, they do have they disagreements.  Ellie doesn’t always indulge Madison when she wants to read her books, but I caught them at it today.  It just warms my heart. 

IMG_2307

No comments: