Monday, April 24, 2017

March

I have found my blogging to be lacking in these past months (years?).  I don't know why exactly.  (On a side note, my program I used to link to this website quit linking.  I don't know what happened and it is incredibly irritating.  I liked the program because I could resize and position pictures much easier. So bear with me, if it seems a little off.)  I still enjoy doing it.  I think I just don't make the time.  I have also found that March is typically the month that gets little love (unless Easter falls during this month).  I take less pictures, and I blog less.  The March doldrums perhaps?  At any rate, here is a post of the fun in March that we had...

We went to a balloon twisting workshop at the library.  I think they have some really fun programs that the girls really enjoy going to.  This was another one.  Technically, Ellie was too young, but they let her join in :)


Gymnastics... Madison took a six week gymnastics class in January.  Ellie thought it looked like fun, so she signed up for March.  It was just her and one other girl in the class, so the teachers let Madison join in for free!  So nice!  They had a great time running and jumping off the spring board, doing the bar, trying headstands, and more.

We took the youth group to a Lake Erie Monsters hockey game.  I think the girls had a good time; it was at least a good experience to go and see something new.  We were supposed to be able to skate on the ice afterwards, but didn't realize til we got there that they had such a limited supply of skates to rent (only 50... and I am not kidding).  So, we didn't get to skate on the ice, which was disappointing for the kids (not so much the youth though).  Grandma DeeDee made it up to them about a week later (see future post).



I chaperoned Madison's class's field trip to the McKinley Museum.  I was excited to go because I had never been there before, but I had heard good things.  It was neat.  There was a natural history side and a science side.  Both had some fun hands-on things for kids.  I would like to take the girls there and explore with them.  Madison poked her head out of a T-Rex, stood atop the steps, and had a fun time riding the bus with her mom.


We had snow!!!  Yep, this was perhaps the second, maybe third snow of the winter.  It was not awesome for packing, but hey, you could still play in it.  We didn't make it long outside because it was cold and windy, but we went out to say we were in it.





We had a March and April family birthday party, which was good, but more stressful than usual because the kids were all stuck inside.  And for some reason, they were all really wound up.  It went fine, just more chaos, noise, and distraction than usual.  Mom made me cream puffs for my birthday dessert!  Delicious.  My birthday is on Easter day this year, so it was nice to celebrate a little ahead of time.

And that is March in a capsule.  April updates will be coming.

No comments: