Saturday, September 12, 2009

Jeremy's Birthday... continued

Well, here is the outcome of our much anticipated birthday celebration. We went to P.F. Chang's for supper. We shared crab wontons as an appetizer. Jeremy had the spicy chicken (similar to General Tso's); it was spicy, but not burn your tongue off! I had Buddha's delight with chicken instead of the tofu. I mostly just wanted all the veggies you get with that one. Because it was his birthday (and we told our waitress), he got a tiny chocolate dessert. From there, we headed to the Easton to watch.... G.I. Joe. Surprisingly, I didn't hate it. It is over-the-top, and totally unrealistic - does that surprise anyone? We were both entertained for the entire movie. At some point in the next few days, we are going to head over to Dairy Queen to pick up a blizzard. (He got some birthday coupon which is enough reason to go eat a blizzard!)

Today, I am going to work at school - need to get ahead. Jeremy is going to go work the OSU vs USC game. Tonight I need to make cookies for the youth group kick off of small groups tomorrow. Unfortunately, I probably won't be watching the game while doing that because we don't have cable hooked up. That is a funny story too.

We cancelled cable this summer, and it really has been nice to not have it. However, since Jeremy enjoys college football (and I do, too, just not to the same extent), and it seems to be most games are on ESPN. Anyway, yesterday, I thought I'll call and get us hooked back up with cable. I was on the phone for 49 minutes and 35 seconds with the customer service rep just trying to set that up. He was new to his job, slow, and knew nothing. I was proud of myself for how nice I was and patient. He explained that with basic cable I could just hook the cable wire back up to my TV and it would work. I thought, Great, I'll be able to watch the game. When Jeremy came home and tried to do just that, we only saw fuzz on the TV. So, I called back to talk to the tech support people. The guy told me I had some kind of video trap set up, and they would send someone out to get rid of it. (I guess they had put this on when we went to internet only, so we wouldn't get free cable.) The tech guy told me (and I am not kidding): "I'll send a guy out to remove the trap, so that we can log that we did that. Then, in a few days, call back, and you can cancel your cable and just keep getting it for free." That's right, the cable company's tech guy was telling me how to steal basic cable. I thought that was what he was trying to tell me, but it seemed totally unbelievable, so I asked him like 3 times to explain exactly what he was saying. Finally, I realized he was really telling me how to abuse the system. Crazy! Jeremy decided it must be that guy's last day on the job. I said if it wasn't, it surely should have been! Anyway. Long story, short - we are getting cable on Sunday, which is great for the future, but leaves me with no football tonight... maybe I'll get some chick flicks????

No comments: