This past week has been a week of visitors, and I have little photographic proof…
Anyway, Jeremy’s sister (Jennifer) made a surprise visit with her boyfriend – or should I say, fiance! Yes, that is why they traveled all the way from New York City. It is very exciting news. So, they were here, along with Maynard and Gloria on Sunday over Monday.
Monday I enjoyed a relaxing (and hot) walk with Tara. I will miss doing this as often as we had now that school will be starting up. I’ll just have to make time – gotta walk anyway, right? Monday evening, my parents came for the night and then Madison day (they rotate Tuesdays between their grandkids, so this was her day). We had a tasty cajun shrimp and pasta dish.
Tuesday, I went in to school to move my stuff from one room to another. It was my first trip in. I am not necessarily dreading this year, just wishing that I could do half days instead of full days. I think that would be a better arrangement, but I think I am stuck with this full-time work thing. Tuesday night we went to small group and tried to watch an educational video with two 2 year olds and a 7-1/2 month old entertaining everyone in the middle of the room; still got something out of it.
Wednesday, Maynard and Gloria returned (travel bugs!) with Jeremy’s aunt and uncle from Indiana who hadn’t met Madison yet. It was good to see them. I snuck out of the house once more to do some work at school. We went out to eat at the Rusty Bucket that evening.
Thursday I had a teacher work day all day; so, Madison had her first day with the sitter. Our sitter is great. She gave me a page, front and back, of notes about the day; she played and snuggled with Madison all day. Madison did a great job. I got teary eyed in the morning, but managed not to break down completely.
Finally, today, we have had no new faces in the house – although she did meet the mechanic when we picked up the car and was a little unsure of him! This weekend will hopefully be a little quieter as I start school this coming week and am looking for a little down time before our lives get messed up once again. Hope ya’ll have a great weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment