Saturday, July 14, 2012

Teeth, Sitting, and More

So, poor Ellie has been neglected in the number of personal posts she has received.  There have been few landmark posts for her – in fact, I think I forgot to celebrate her 5th month birthday.  It is an argument for not having more children… the third would feel utterly neglected in the blogging world … or I may not keep up the blog at all with three.  But that is a conversation for another day. 

Ellie is officially 6 months old (as of a few days ago).  I will post her vital statistics when we go visit her new doctor next week.  So, I was kinda holding off in that department.  I thought I should celebrate her TWO teeth that have come in.  The first tooth (bottom right) came in on June 25th without much fanfare.  The second tooth (bottom left) seemed a little more painful – she screamed most of the night that we had Jeremy’s family over for supper – and arrived July 6th.  They are adorable.

DSC_0364

Another exciting development is sitting.  She can pretty much sit without toppling for a very long time.  I think this occurred sometime during the week of June 18.  It is a nice thing for her to do and she seems to enjoy that perspective most of the time.  When she gets tired, she just whines a little to be laid down or picked up.  Look at this -

DSC_0359         DSC_0366

She (and Madison) both like to read.  She pretty much likes to do or be near most of whatever Madison is doing.  It is fun to watch.  I wonder how they will grow up.  I never had a sister.  A college acquaintance of mine keeps a blog and wrote about sisters recently, and it got me thinking about it more.  (Feel free to read – and look at her awesome pictures – here.) 

DSC_0368   DSC_0249    DSC_0292

Ellie is such a good baby.  She is happy – squealing, laughing, and flashing smiles.  She is a good sleeper – 12 hours at night and a morning nap and an afternoon nap (we are working to lengthen this one and shorten the morning one).  She is also very kissable with those chubby cheeks and big blue eyes. I mean, really, how could you resist this:DSC_0375

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, those cheeks kill me! And those blue eyes? Beautiful. What adorable ladies you have.

I think it's great that you are developing an excitement at the sister thing. I have no doubt that it will be, well, never boring.

I appreciate you linking to my blog. (Are you back in the area?)