I cannot believe how quickly time has passed. It seems like Madison is not ready to be four, and going to preschool, and doing all the many things a four-year-old does. She is a ball of fun – singing, dancing, imagining, cooking, reading, painting, and more! I have decided she turns pretty much anything into a story. At mealtimes, it is her food or her silverware that become characters in her story. When putting together a puzzle, the picture that emerges suddenly has a very intricate story. If it is Barbies, dolls, or squinkies, she is sure to spend hours creating a story line with me (if I stay awake long enough!). Jeremy and I have been treated to concerts performed by two budding performers almost nightly. It is a joy. I look forward to what the next year brings.
Madison was so excited for her birthday. All day she asked when it was. When she found out it was after her nap, she started asking to go take a nap, as though that would make the party happen faster! We decorated, cleaned up a bit, and played, but the time just couldn’t go fast enough. After her nap, she put on her birthday princess dress, her birthday princess shoes, and her birthday princess crown. This was the end result:
And she asked for one from the back… I think because she wanted to see her new haircut!
One with me!
The guests began to trickle in – Sandy promptly at 4pm, then Yohs, Brickers, Luke and Steph and kids, and Edigers. It was a small group, but a full house. Madison was so excited!
After the meal, it was time for the cake! It was, for the second year, a princess cake:
Gift opening was fast and furious. That girl knows how to unwrap a gift and move on! I hope I kept track of who gave what! Lil Sis had a hard time staying out of the action; her day is quickly approaching as well!
I am pretty sure what she enjoys most are the people that come. She opened the door for each guest with a big smile on her face. She could not be more proud to be FOUR!!!
1 comment:
She TRULY was THE most excited Princess I have ever seen!!!!! What a precious JEWEL.
Love,
MOM E
Post a Comment