Monday, August 10, 2015

It’s been awhile

You know when you have been away for awhile, and you don’t know where to start catching up, so you just keep putting it off?  That’s where I am at right now.  I know the blog is severely behind… maybe not even one post in July!  We have done so much in between there, and I honestly do not think I can actually catch up.  I realize most of you reading this see us on a fairly regular basis, so missing out on some of it is not really a big deal.  For me this is also my record keeping space (I was going to say journaling space, but that would imply a lot more personal revelations are written, and they are not), so to know that some of the craziest weeks of our lives are just “missing” from here, feels funny. 

So, what have I missed recording?  Well, here is a fairly detailed list…

  • Madison at Fairy Tale Dance Camp
  • Ellie at Creative Movement
  • Playdates
  • Our 9th Anniversary
  • a vacation with the Yoh family to Michigan City
  • Packing our home
  • helping with a garage sale with my friend Laura (truth be told, she took my baby stuff, priced it, set up the sale, and ran it for all but one day)
  • Closing on our first house we purchased together as a couple
  • Moving boxes to our new home
  • a vacation with the Ediger family to Myrtle Beach
  • moving furniture to our new home
  • Having fun at the MCC Relief Sale
  • Madison going to see Cinderella at Playhouse Square with Grandma Yoh, Marianne and Erin
  • The chicken BBQ complete with horse rides
  • SYF lake party
  • SYF Sunday school room rehab night, with footprints painted on the wall
  • Kindergarten screening (a little deal, I know, but a step in a new direction)

And life changing things that don’t fit in bullet points, like the passing of my uncle Verney and Jeremy’s dad being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer… those things are the heavy things that life throws at you.  If I avoid blogging, I may get to avoid some of the emotion of thinking about them, too. 

So, one day, I will write about at least a few of those, post some of the best pictures, and tell a story or two.  My goal – before the end of August.  Stay tuned until then.

No comments: