Ellie was bored this morning as soon as Madison got on the bus. She asked to play on the iPad; I said no. She asked to go back to bed; I said yes. She lasted 2 minutes. She asked to bake bread; I said maybe. She asked to look at pictures of bread on the iPad; so we did. We turned down Auntie Anne’s pretzels – dough had to rise. We turned down spritz cookies – looked intimidating to learn how to use my cookie press. We turned down granola bars – okay, just Ellie turned this one down; I was all for it because it seemed pretty easy. Finally, she settled on these Rainbow Pinwheel Cookies from Deliciously Different. I honestly thought this would be my first ultimate pinterest fail. But we forged ahead.
I used my aunt Darlene’s Christmas cookie recipe as the base. We divided it into five sections, added food color to each one, and allowed to chill. Then, the work began. We divided each color of dough into grape-size balls. Ellie rolled the five different colors on a plate.
I took those colors and rolled them in a coil and twisted them up to look like a cinnamon roll.
I dipped them in some sprinkles, and sent them to the oven for 7 minutes. They came out looking pretty good if I do say so myself.
We are going to deliver them to some friends this afternoon. Bake and take – that’s my motto!
No comments:
Post a Comment