Jeremy loves the music group U2. I am kinda indifferent. In January, tickets went on sale for their United States stadium tour. Jeremy was all over it. They sold out everywhere quickly. He snagged two tickets for the concert at First Energy Stadium in Cleveland. While others would be intensely jealous of me going, I was happy to go, but just because it was a date night with Jeremy.
We sat very high, but there were others higher!
We enjoyed the band One Republic who opened for them. I recognized quite a few of their songs when they started. Then, as the sun set, U2 came out to perform. The uniqueness of this tour was they were performing their songs from their Joshua Tree album, one of their first (their first?) albums that really caught people’s attention. It was familiar music to me. Jeremy loved the concert. They did put on a good show with huge video screens with neat effects behind them. As is the case with many concerts, during at least one song, the cell phone lights came on to light up the stadium.
It was a late night by the time we got home. The girls were sleeping soundly at my parents’ house, so we just fell into bed ourselves.
1 comment:
I love One Republic!
Post a Comment