Labor Day was a hot, sticky day. (I write this as I am sitting in a fleece and wool socks, but I still remember…) My plan was to do nothing. It was a day off school – time to recuperate from my first two weeks. But a friend with kids the same age mentioned she was going to the zoo and wondered if we wanted to join. Well, that’s a bit different. Going to the zoo on a hot day with your own kids as they complain about the heat and are miserable is one thing, but going with friends somehow eliminates the heat and reduces the complaining. So, I said yes.
It was still hot. I was still sweating. But it was more fun. The kids did less complaining. I got to know my friend a bit better. And memories were made.
The Akron Zoo is nice for a quick trip. It has a good variety of animals, but you can see it all in just a few hours. So, we soaked it up.
The otter slide is always a hit. Today was no exception. It was even better than normal because the otters were actually swimming around while the kids went through the slide.
We took home some sweaty happy girls. I am so glad for friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment