I wonder if I should even give it this title. Will someone out me that we had a gathering of over 10 people? Who will judge me during this time like I have judged others? Ugh, this COVID-19 is exhausting stuff.
We decided as a family that we would try an outdoor gathering and lunch. We made sure that everyone washed their hands before serving their food, and there was no wrestling on the trampoline. Those were our main guidelines beyond that we were counting on the wind sweeping away any bad that might be floating around. We also knew where we had all been and felt pretty good about it. At some point, you let someone in. I decided that my natural group of people is my family. While I really appreciate my friendships (and the girls’ friends), I have to work to make playdates happen. I just show up with fmaily and things happen naturally. So, that’s where I’m starting.
It was good. It is good to be together. To see people in person. To hear their voice. To laugh together. To play together. It is good.
We ate and celebrated missed milestones.
We played… Flips on the trampoline
Resurrected the zipline – all run by kids this time!
and volleyball match. (No pictures… I was playing in it.) Sam had a mock injury happen that he had to make a walking boot for.
It was a good day and I wouldn’t change a thing about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment