Madison has been holding up well. But I can only imagine that this is a hard shift for her as well. All the cards, gifts, attention has been showered on Ellie. And while she understands why, I don’t think this makes it any easier. She has been a great big sister. Her compassion at the diagnosis was exactly as I would have expected. She and Ellie are a team, a unit, the best playmates. (Created by Madison during a supper of Alphabet Soup last month.)
She had a great night with Grandma and Grandpa Ediger our first night away. And she shone at the board meeting that recognized the person she is – a part of a kindness club, which is just her personality.
This past nine weeks she has been in art. It has been neat to see how Mrs. Uhl (her art teacher) has brought out her artistic ability. She made a really neat picture that hung on the bulletin board at the school. (Another thing Mrs. Uhl is very good at is displaying a lot of student artwork throughout the nine weeks.)
She also recently created a leprechaun home. She had described it to us about a week ago, and I was picturing a drawing on a paper bag. What she brought home was so much cooler!
Pepper has been up to no good a lot. He has been needy – stealing things, shoving his nose at you when he sits near you, barking. He has also had his chill moments, like this one. He joined the girls “school time” by using the carpet time mat Ellie had set up for her students.
Sometimes, he is willing to become the actual student.
He also chosen to hide from what is going on. Something all of us probably want to do, but don't have the freedom to do.
And two other fun things:
We ordered a new dining room table in chairs in November. It finally came! I love it.
2) We also will have a new patio door installed on Monday! Looking forward to not fighting with the screen door portion when I go in and out.
Have a great week ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment