Thursday, March 28, 2024

Little Things

I was asked to do Moments with Children during church this Lenten season.  It was supposed to be about faith.  It took me a bit to come up with something.  I finally made a slideshow with pictures of unusual animals/animals with unusual names.  Then, I would ask the kids if they believed there was such a thing as a ____.  I explained that these are things that we have never seen, but we learn about them through others telling us, sharing pictures, and writing about it.  Then, we can believe that they do exist.  I said that was what faith was too.  God has given us the Bible that tells us about Him and His love even if we never have seen Him.  And people around us tell us about Him as well.  And that all helps us to believe who God is and what He promises to us.  It was fun.  Unbeknownst to me, Bob F. was taking pictures of me while I was up there.  So, here are the many faces of Erin:

         

Ellie had a chance to go to a spring time party at one of her friend’s houses.  She had a great time hanging out and having fun.

I had a chance to squeeze in two things into one day a few weeks back.  My coworker, Baylee, was having a baby shower, and my nephew, Sam, was in district wrestling tournament.  They were about 30 minutes away from each other.  I was so glad I was able to go watch him wrestle.  Unfortunately, he lost his first match, but he went three rounds and almost had the kid at the end.  Wrestling is maybe the most stressful spectator sport.  I am on edge the entire time.  I know Sam was disappointed he did not get to go to state (the next level had he made it into the top 4 at this tournament), but I am so proud of him.  I was sitting behind him and Luke when he came over.  It is a relationship of sometimes many words of advice/reprimand/wisdom and sometimes one of silent comradery. 

Finally, our transition to spring (and our low-key winter) has been unreliable and unpredictable.  But about a week ago, Ellie and I headed out the door to pick up a pie we bought from the SYF, and we were honored to witness this.  It was incredible.

No comments: