This started on Saturday night (day 20). We hosted everyone at our house. I enjoy opening our house to let people come enjoy it. I kinda feel like what is the point of having space and a redone kitchen if I don’t use it. That said, I am much more open with family. Somehow, I feel more pressure when I have friends over to have things “just so.”
For this night, we decided to do appetizer night/finger food night – sliders, potstickers, pizza dip, crusty bread, charcuterie board, floats, and veggies. Everyone was hungry before the food rolled out. And then it was well eaten! We hung out, talked, ate, ate some more. Then, we made time to play Guesstures as a group. Team 2 won a small trophy as these boys are excited about!
A little gift the boys left us…
On Sunday we got together at mom and dad’s house. We were a little late… dad was looking out the window – when asked what he was doing, he said he was waiting on his daughter who was late.
I was late, but I had dropped off breakfast stuff and went home to grab things. I had forgotten that we take pictures before breakfast could start. My bad. Here are the family pictures (somehow I am missing Ben’s family??):
Then, we enjoyed coffee cakes, fruit, and egg casserole.
Dad read the Christmas story from Luke this year. Mom shared her thoughts, written at some obscene hour in the morning, as it is every year. It was a good opportunity for people to share thoughts and reflections.
Then, we opened gifts.
A group headed to the middle school for a exercise break – some 5-on-5 basketball – without any injuries!
Then, we headed back for a light supper and more hang out time. It was nice this year since no one had school the next day. Christmas was what I appreciate – time with family, opportunities to create memories and build relationships.
No comments:
Post a Comment