Saturday, August 15, 2026

Musical Fun

We had two different musical experiences this summer.  The first was the Alive music festival.  The girls went with Jeremy last year and loved the day there.  This year, one of their favorite artists, Josiah Queen, was the headliner on Friday night.  So, we bought tickets, took off immediately after volleyball practice and made it in time to see Strings and Heart first.  We looked at merch and colleges set up under the tent.  We stood in line for an incredibly long time for some food at a food truck. 

Then, we settled in for the night. 

Ellie, Madison and Jeremy wandered down front to see if they could get closer. 

The girls stayed there for the rest of the night after finding some friends from Dalton, Riley and Gloria. 

I enjoyed my view from the back – and the sound level.  We didn’t get home til almost 1am. 

The second musical experience was a surprise.  We told the girls there was a special event on the calendar, but we didn’t say what it was.  We gave them some direction on how to dress, but that is all they knew until we parked the car and they started seeing all the indicators

    

that we were going to see The Lion King musical at Playhouse Square. 

    

We had great seats on the lower level so we could see when the actors came down the aisles as all the animals in a couple different scenes.  To be honest, I had heard really good things about it, but had low expectations.  I couldn’t imagine if I would like people dressed as animals.  But I will admit, it was pretty incredible what they did on stage! 

We had a great night together.

No comments: