Wednesday, August 27, 2008

School is cool?

I don't know why I put that title, but I'll go ahead and leave it. School officially started for me this week. On Monday, just the freshman came. I think that is a great idea because the school can be very intimidating and they have no idea what they are doing. On Tuesday, all 2300 plus students came to school (well, not really, there were a lot of absences). So, that was my first day to be "on" all day. It really is like performing every period and really gearing up to be with each class even if you just taught the same material a period ago. My classroom students are so different than previous years. In the past, I have worked with students included in the regular class who have IQs of 70 and above (average IQs are 85-115). The students I teach this year have IQs between 50-70 and are not included in the general education classes. They have reading levels between K-6 (grade levels). I say this because this is the generalization of any student classified as "cognitive disability". They are a great bunch of kids. They have a great sense of humor. Really, they are very similar to everyone else, they just learn at a slower pace. So, it should be a good year. I am still excited for what the year could bring. We are learning about atoms this first nine weeks. Very exciting :) I was most tired this morning when I had to get up. Three mornings in a row to rise and shine at 5:40am is enough; unfortunately, I have at least two more this week. I came home yesterday and went on a short run/walk. Today, I came home, laid on the couch, and went into a brief sleep induced coma.

Jeremy has put his application/resume with two different companies. Please pray that these will turn in to positive leads. Here is my sexy husband getting ready for the job interview he had about a week ago. I just now got the card out of the camera so I could post the picture. I thought he looked very good and professional. Otherwise, he is enjoying taking longer bike rides during the day, repairing things around the house, researching job openings, and cooking supper (chickenetti on Tuesday in the crock pot!). So, that's that.

Hope you all are having a great week. We are headed home for the Bricker Family reunion this Sunday. My friend, Sandy, and her sister are coming to Columbus on Saturday to eat some Indian food with me - yum! And on Monday, we will enjoy relaxing; love the three day weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend Sandy and her sister? Oh so I am just your friend's sister? I smell a wrestling match and we all know who will win!! Sandy's sister!!