Sandy and her sister - TRACY - came to visit me this Saturday. (I need to highlight Tracy because I failed to mention her name in the previous blog and was told I would be beat up if I didn't give her credit for being someone more than "my friend's sister".) It was a lot of fun to see them; I hadn't seen Sandy since Christmas. We went to eat at Cuisine of India in the Polaris area. It was a
delicious buffet where we all ate too much! We came back to my house to just relax. Mike and Jeremy went on a really long bike ride, so we had the house to ourselves. Sandy helped me decide where to put a few pictures, which Jeremy and I will hang later. Then, Sandy painted my toenails and Tracy (and her own) fingernails. (See picture of the toes and fingernails!) So much girly stuff in one afternoon...On Sunday, Jeremy and I went to early service at church. Then, headed to Wayne County for the big Bricker Reunion. There were about 50+ people that attended which was a good surprise for everyone, I think. Then, in the evening, we went to my parents' house for night. It was good to see them. Dad is doing much better. He looks better and seems to be moving around more. He is still a slow mover, but at least he is up and moving!
On Monday, Mom and I went for a walk. I always enjoy walking with my mom because it gives us time to talk without any distractions. I also needed to walk after the big potluck at the reunion! Then, the rest of my family came over with a last minute invitation for lunch. I didn't expect that, but it was a good surprise. It is a crazy, crazy place with everyone there. I don't think there is any down time at all! But the kids are so darn cute. When we returned to Columbus, Jeremy started working on his homework assignment from me - a felt atom that we could add the nucleus, protons, neutron, and electrons to. It will be amazing and hopefully help my kids "get it". (This is Jeremy perfecting the feltboard.) Now, I am blogging and waiting for the new One Tree Hill. This was a show Sandy and I got hooked on during its first season. In reality it is a pretty cheesy show, but we indulge. I missed it all last year, so I will probably be a bit confused this season. Hope everyone has a great four day week.
4 comments:
I am reading your blog, while also anxiously awaiting the pure cheese that is ONE TREE HILL! I actually didn't know a the new season was starting tonight until about two hours ago. Shocking I know, I need to be more careful in the future. How is the Atom?
We are really cute!! I think it is funny we did not take any pictures with Sandy! I had fun, we have to do it again, but eat last!!
the atom is done, I will try it out tomorrow.
so you wanna know what David and I did the ENTIRE day off... fixed up the back yard with the two new girls. SOOOOO exhausting, but you wouldn't even recognize it. We wacked part of the hill of weeds, you can actually walk to the compost, we completely clean up to VB court, and we re stacked the wood pile, wacked down all those weeds oh and re did the green house. I'm tired just typing about it.
Post a Comment