Monday, June 25, 2012

Fun in Our New Town

It has been an adjustment for me – the end of school and a new place to live.  So, my usual go-to places are not here, and I have more time to hang out with the girls during the day.  Neither are necessarily bad, but it is a shift.  So, this is what I have learned.

Our new backyard, side yard, and front yard trumps our deck and our driveway.  We have climbers for Madison to play on (thanks, Grandpa and Grandma Yoh!).  We have a coupe car to drive around on the drive way (thank, flea market).  We have a go-to area for outdoor tea parties, buggy viewing, and kickball. 

DSC_0209       DSC_0211

We don’t have the zoo, but we have the auction every Thursday with a good variety of farm animals.  We went last Thursday, but we went to early in the morning to see many; next Thursday, we’ll go late morning.  Ellie enjoyed the goat who was playing peek-a-boo with us by standing on his gate.  Madison braved the catwalk to see the cattle from above.  I don’t know that it trumps the zoo (well, I do know – it doesn’t), but it IS only a short stroller walk away and the animals are different.  We also have buggies, which Madison still gets excited about and hollers “horse” and waves at the Amish inside.  (This is the only picture I took because I was had to juggle Ellie and the camera – not an easy task!)

DSC_0213

There is a park in town, and the sidewalk is really not all that bumpy to get there.  It is probably about equidistant from our park by our house, so it is do-able.  The walk is definitely a better workout.  It is a short downhill to a corner, and then uphill to the park; I am pretty winded pushing the stroller there.  It does not have bucket swings, but Madison is learning how to sit in the big swings; we just can’t go as high. 

DSC_0246

She discovered a small frog today while playing.  It was in a strange location, and frankly, I have no idea how it got there.  If you find Madison in the first picture, she is looking at the frog who is a long way from the ground.

DSC_0240    DSC_0241     DSC_0243

Ellie does what she always does at the park – lay on a blanket, chew on anything she can get her hands on, and “talk”

DSC_0244         DSC_0247

There are more things I am sure we will discover and learn, but this is a start.

No comments: