Monday, September 24, 2012

Little Chef

Madison loves helping me in the kitchen.  I am enjoying her help more as she get older and more controllable (not just flinging ingredients all over the place0.  I haven’t figured out if she enjoys cooking/baking or just likes tasting the spoon of whatever she is making – either way she is learning about the kitchen.  Our latest endeavor was apple bars.  I love these things.  If I was motivated tonight (which I am only motivated enough to sit here and type), I would post the recipe.  Maybe later.  She has improved her apple coring skills since the last time we did this.  In fact she cored and sliced all but one of the apples we needed.  That meant that I could work on the other steps of the recipe… and it actually went FASTER with her help.  This too is a first.  The result was fantastic – a little like an apple pie with one crust, but not a pie crust.  Again, maybe I’ll post the recipe later…
DSC_0622
DSC_0624

No comments: