I was able to take Madison and Ellie to see my grandpa this past week. We actually saw a whole lot more people than just him, but I wanted him to see Madison again (the last time she was only about 5 months) and meet Ellie for the first time. My parents were planning on heading out west to visit him as well, so I thought I would time my trip to coincide with theirs. We left last Wednesday and FLEW from Cleveland to Kansas City. Jeremy dropped us off and escorted us back to the gate; apparently, you can – sometimes – get an escort pass if you are traveling alone with kids. It was good to have his help as I worked us through security the first time, and we waited to board the plane. I fed Ellie a bottle in the car on the way there, gave her breakfast while waiting to board, and let her suck on some fruit at take-off. Madison had some bagel on the way, sucked a squeezable applesauce treat down at take-off, and enjoyed the juice on board the plane. They did an excellent job on board – no crying, and Ellie even fell asleep for about 30-40 minutes!
We were met my cousin, Kristin, at the airport. She helped lighten my load and helped me get my giant checked bag! (Many people commented on my system… a double stroller with a Ellie’s car seat attached and Madison’s car seat in hand, a backpack and a little diaper bag.) We were greeted by Matthew (her husband) when we got to her house. Then, her son, Josh, joined the crowd after school let out. It was good to have the afternoon nap as a time to get settled. On Thursday, my cousin John and his family came to visit. Madison LOVED being able to hang out with some other kids. They have two little girls – Kate and Abby. Here are the girls hanging out
Kris and I ran to Target to pick up a few things. I wanted to look for a smaller wallet, and Madison went with me. This is what I saw when I looked down… hopefully no one thought she was a billfold bandit – she was stuffing them all in her large purse. She found everything on her own; it was super cute!
Because we always eat well when I visit Kris, Matthew decided that we couldn’t be without dessert. So, he convinced Madison to help him make a chocolate cake. She was hesitant to help until he promised her she could lick the spoon – like mother, like daughter!
2 comments:
You don't know how many smiles and chickles I had as I read this blog and looked at the pictures!!
Love, Grandma Yoh
I meant "chuckles"
Post a Comment