Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Nutcracker

Last Sunday, Jeremy, Madison, and I met Grandpa, Grandma, and Aunt Jen to see The Nutcracker.  I had never seen it; Madison had never seen it; and Jen had only performed in this version.  Jeremy, Grandma, and Grandpa had seen this one MANY times.  Madison looked cute as a button in her little candy cane Christmas dress.  She proudly showed the usher her ticket and sat in her seat.  She was all eyes as soon as it started.  She wanted to figure it all out.  So although her eyes were glued to the stage, my ear was glued to her mouth as she asked question after question after question.  (I decided someone with a little more knowledge of the overall story should have sat beside her!)  The cutest part was toward the beginning when the Nutcracker doll gets broken.  As soon as it happened, Madison said, “Oh, no!” which got quite a few of the audience members to chuckle! 

At intermission, we went out to enjoy a complimentary cookie and water.  We stood in a long line for the bathroom, and then headed back inside.  She cheered for the Russian dancers and clapped with enthusiasm for each group of “country” dancers.  She (and I) were a little antsy as the dance of the sugar plum fairy went on and on and on.  Overall, we had a great time!

We only got one picture, but I think it is a pretty good one…

DSCN3970

No comments: