Sunday, January 6, 2013

Ellie update

Ellie’s brithday is quickly approaching, but I wanted to highlight some things that I haven’t posted; so here goes:

1.  Ellie is walking… kinda.  I never know when to declare that my kid is walking – Is it when they hold your hands and move along?  Cause she has been doing that for what seems like forever.  Is is when they can push something and walk?  Cause it has been a least a couple weeks for that one.  Is it when they start to cruise along furniture?  Cause that has been going on for about a week and a half.  Or is it when they take those steps all by themselves without the aide of anything or anyone?  Cause that hasn’t happened… and that’s when I feel like I should really declare: Ellie is walking!

DSC_1271     DSC_1273

2.  Ellie is drawing.  Yep, she has been watching her older sister like a hawk.  She sees her writing notes, coloring pictures, painting, and working at her desk.  And that is exactly what Ellie wants to be doing too!  So, often I find her at the desk, and sometimes I find her working on the floor (like today).  I sometimes forget to watch her and then … well, she eats the crayon…

DSC_1274

DSC_1276      DSC_1278

DSC_1290      DSC_1291

3.  Ellie is stacking blocks.  It is really cool to watch.  She has had great fine motor skills, particularly the pincer grasp when picking up food.  She can pull apart the velcro veggies and put the little fisher price people in their vehicles at my parents house too.  But she is growing her block stacking skills.  You can see her really working.  She is yelling a bit at the blocks in the one picture because they were trying to tip over on her!

DSC_1296      DSC_1297

She is an absolute hoot right now… and oh, so cuddly!  If you ever get the opportunity to cuddle with her consider it a gift because she has a select handful of people that she will allow that honor – and somehow at Madison’s birthday party, my brother Luke was invited into that circle of honored ones.  It is neat when she opens herself up to others (still waiting for this to happen at the church nursery…little booger!).  Happy Growing, Ellie!

No comments: