Monday, July 29, 2013

Painting and Parks

Today (yep, this isn’t even a catch-up post like the next two are!) we enjoyed the weather.  I know some think that it is a little cool, but I LOVE it.  If I could have this temperatures for at least half the year, the other half could be split between winter cold and snow and summer heat.  It is more fall-like than spring, and I like that.  We did the laundry today and hung most of it up to dry this morning.  While I was hanging it, the girls busied themselves painting together.  I am pretty sure they produced at least 10 paintings.  They used a new technique today where they shared the same piece of paper, so each painting is a joint effort.  It was quite a feat. 

DSC_2156     DSC_2166

Then, we loaded into the stroller and headed to MCC Connections.  I love that place.  For starters, there is always a good deal on something – I even bought a Christmas gift there today!  Second, the money goes to help with world-wide relief efforts.  And third, it is a perfect walk from our house – just a little under a mile one way.  We browsed in there for awhile. 

Then, on the way home, we stopped at the park.  Madison is doing a great job with her cast.  Besides requesting a little more help in going up the stairs (I think it is a little more tiring) and being a little slower, she is doing everything she normally does.  And the trip to the park confirmed that nothing could stop her. 

DSC_2167     DSC_2171

Ellie experienced this playground set for the first time.  She really liked it.  She also really likes to slide – just note her pleasure in the picture below after dismounting from the slide!  It is at the elementary school, and the one set is just her size.  The other one is for older kids, but she held her own over there too.  They also attempted teeter-tottering today!

DSC_2173     DSC_2172

We look to enjoy a few more nice days before the dog days of summer begin again…. probably the day I return to teaching in the school without air conditioning!

No comments: