This was our family Christmas. We debated when to have this. I am glad our church chose to have a service on Christmas day, I just wish it would have been at 9:30 (as normal) instead of 10:30. But, in the end, it worked out. We decided to open gifts before church. The girls still believe in Santa, and while I don’t embrace the idea, I don’t nip it in the bud either. Jeremy likes leaving at least one gift unwrapped each year; sometimes we do this, sometimes we don’t. It meant the girls had to wait for us before going to the tree. It is good to learn patience, right?
They found the American girls bunk beds. My plan is to help them make a little mattress for the beds with a sheet to match. We will see how good my sewing straight skills really are… or how much my mom can help!
They also got some fun pajamas, socks, and clothes or match to your doll clothes. They each got a new animal stocking hat as well. (Somehow I missed getting a picture of Ellie in her panda hat.) It was just enough, but not enough to feel excessive.
The keep ‘em busy gifts were Lego sets. They really enjoyed these. They didn’t enjoy that they had to squeeze in building it between all our comings and goings over the next couple days. In the end it worked well.
No comments:
Post a Comment