We had a four day weekend in February. We had thought about going somewhere, but it was the weekend of Madison’s last basketball game, so we couldn’t miss that. We had decided to just sit tight.
Then, Thursday around 4, Jeremy said, “Let’s go to Columbus. We can stay overnight and then see if IKEA has anything for our bathroom.” (We had just had our bathroom remodeled, so we were looking for finishing touches.)
I am not usually the spontaneous sort, but I decided to go with it. I called my parents because now we have a dog. So, you know, you can’t just travel around without bothering someone else. They were super nice and said they would watch him… now that he had his haircut!
I packed some stuff. The girls shouted with excitement and packed their stuff. And we left by 6.
And drove through snow squalls, which thankfully, lasted only a short time.
We made it to our hotel by about 8pm. I told the girls they could have a short swim in the pool. (Because that’s why they came, right? Not for IKEA.) Unfortunately, the pool was outside.
Swimming did not happen that night, but we found Worthington’s Rec Center had a super cool pool with a small lazy river and a whirlpool feature that was pretty fun. Also, the water was warm, which was the only way this lady was getting in!
It was a lot of fun. Probably more fun than the hotel pool would have been.
We shopped at IKEA with no luck that afternoon and then headed home.
The second surprise was that Madison and Ellie both decided to be in the church talent show at the last minute. Ellie shared about how Pepper helped her overcome her fear of dogs. Madison did a magic trick that Miss Patty had done in Sunday school to teach them about faith; it involved an orange. I have videos. I’ll see if I can upload them later. I was proud of them for being courageous enough to stand up in front of everyone and do a performance. It was pretty cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment