Friday night, we headed to the hotel after seeing the Ark Encounter. It was too late to go swimming, but we knew we had some time the next day. By 9:15 the lights were out for an early night.
Saturday morning, we woke up, grabbed some breakfast from the lobby, and dined in our room. Afterwards, the girls and Jeremy headed to the pool where they were the only ones swimming – such a nice treat! I went to the fitness room – also the only one in there. When I was done, I hung out with the girls while Jeremy went up to shower. The girls swam for at least 1-1/2 hours before we shooed them upstairs to get ready for the day.
We went to eat in La Grange, Kentucky. It is a charming little town with a railroad track running down the center of the main street. It looked like a fun place to explore little shops if time would have allowed. We ate at the Red Pepper Deli. It was amazingly delicious and I would eat there every day if I lived there. (Well, probably not, because I don’t eat out a lot, but it was good!) We took our food to the little town square where there was a picnic table near the Farmer’s Market.
Back at the hotel, I became a beautician – an unlikely job that I have taken on with the blessing of little girls. I have gotten better, but I can only do so much. Madison wanted double French braids that turned into a pony tail. Ellie wanted her sides up with curls in the back. I could handle both of these.
We headed to the wedding at 2:15pm and took our seats shortly after.
We watched these little girls (we are related, but I don’t know the exact term – Jeremy’s cousin’s grandkids) perform their duties as flower girls with complete cuteness. Tinley is the blonde haired one; Mattie is the brown haired one.
We watched the bride come down the aisle, the vows exchanged, and the marriage happen. All in less than 30 minutes; I think it was possibly the shortest wedding I have been to.
One thing they did that I hadn’t seen before is they had written a letter to one another explaining why they were getting married. These were going in a box to open a year from then… unless they needed to be reminded sooner! Then, at the year’s anniversary, they would write another letter for the next year. I thought it was a neat idea.
They took pictures after the ceremony, so there was a lot of time to kill waiting for the reception. So, we took pictures of our own. I am going to post them in a separate blog, only because there were a lot.
Ellie and Madison ran around with my camera taking pictures. Ellie had it longer, as Madison was killing it on the dance floor most of the night!
We have pictures of all the delicious desserts they girls were drooling over:
It was a good reception.
Beauty in the flowers.
One of the girls’ favorite surprises was Vegas – the security for the wedding!
No comments:
Post a Comment