Sometimes things don’t fit under a neat, tidy heading. This is one of the times that is true. I have a variety of pictures from multiple random things, but I just want to highlight some of what goes on; so here it is.
Salsa Sizzle – A CAMO fundraiser. Gloria asked if Jeremy and I wanted to go the fundraiser for CAMO with her and about 5 other people. We decided it would be a good way to support CAMO and give us a semi-date night. You were supposed to dress in festive attire. I managed to snag a fun top at MCC in about a 5 minute dash in. (Jeremy also snagged a pretty nice desk for his office!) We had a fun night. We even bid on the silent auction item my mom had helped with – crusty bread with a Dutch oven to cook it in. We decided next year we should come with the big bucks and try to snag a vacation!
The girls were busy one weekend with the neighbors creating an incredibly long hopscotch game. It was probably 200 squares long. It stretched from our house, down the sidewalk, and up the Combs’s drive. I did it once, and it was exhausting. The rain came and washed off their efforts by the next morning, but it was fun while it lasted.
Other fun with friends while working the concession stand at Madison’s game…
With the colder weather moving in, it was time to look at getting some fall/winter clothes. So, we took our seasonal trip to get clothes. They both do so well trying things on and enjoying the process. I hope that continues. It is fun to see what deals we can find. This time, we found a few sweatshirts to take downtown to turn into spirit wear with designs from the Big Red Barn. We topped off the night with a trip to Panda Express.
Ellie learned that mowing lawn is satisfying when mowing for Grandma and Grandpa. She loves it! Hope that feeling lasts as she gets older, and she will mow our yard with such enthusiasm!
The girls have been playing volleyball outside quite a bit, just passing it in the driveway. I am glad they have each other for that. I love playing, but I’m not always up for a passing session or I have something else I want to get done (aka this blog… they are outside passing right now). During one session, Madison hit Ellie in the face and broke her glasses right at the nosepiece junction. They were ruined. We debated what to do and finally decided that we would order the same frame online and just put the lenses in which were fine. However, our dog had other plans. Somehow, he grabbed them off the counter and mauled them. I was not happy. The only good thing is that Madison’s old glasses seem to be working for Ellie right now, so she is holding off til her November appointment for a new pair and maybe a new prescription.
Ellie had a chance to be involved with the Dalton Volleyball Skills nights. This replaced the Orrville volleyball league she was in last year. While it didn’t have the intensity of games every week (which would have been the same nights as Madison’s games), she did improve her skills. There were two game nights at the end of the six week session that we got to watch.
Finally, both girls got to sing before sporting events. Ellie sang before high school football game. Madison sang before one of her volleyball games. You can’t even really see them in these pics, but they are there!
We spent a little time moving things around in the house this month and last. After Jeremy bought his desk (Salsa Sizzle night), he decided he may like to have his office in the basement. He was finding there were a lot of distractions upstairs – us coming in and out, the dog barking at random things, an office off a bedroom (tempting nap times!!), etc. So, we worked on making space in our storage room by moving the toy shelves upstairs in hopes the girls would play with things more and to give him more space. It was a project! We sorted through, threw away, donated, and reorganized all of the toys.
I think we were happy with the results in the end. Now the office is my office/Pepper’s pen/toys; it is very spacious. His office is quieter and very remote – a workout just to communicate with him!
We had Madison’s team breakfast here (see future post about volleyball). When we moved things around, we decided we should just rearrange anyway. It gives a much more open space and also looks less mumbo jumbo (although it will be nice to one day have some more coordinated furniture!).
No comments:
Post a Comment