I thought I would post some pictures of La Jara that Jeremy had taken awhile ago. Then you can all picture the bustling town that we live in. It is less than a 1/2 mile from our house to downtown, which makes it convenient for grabbing a video, doing banking, or picking up the mail on a Saturday morning. The top left picture is of Main Street just past the post office. There is the bank we use down the street, as well as Bountiful Video which has cheap movie rentals. The picture on the top left is of the elementary school. The high school is located on the edge of town and is much larger. The bottom left is the post office. We stop by every day after work. Some days I knock on the door and wait for Richard, the postmaster, to answer and then retrieve a package for one of the members of our household. On the bottom right are the tall aspen trees that stand guard in our backyard, and the (almost) perpetually blue sky. La Jara is definitely a sleepy little town, and I think I am okay with that.



2 comments:
The downtown street seemed very wide.
It is wide. Cars park perpendicular to the curb. When it snows they plow snow into the middle of the street, like a median strip. Then, they scoop it up and haul it out. Anyway.
Post a Comment