
We slept late (8:30ish), ate breakfast, and left for our day out. We went to the Gap Clearance Store in Hebron, Kentucky first. I had heard there were good deals on their pregnancy clothes and I wanted to check it out. I found a pair of brown pants and two sweaters for only $24 for everything! I need to do a little repair on the sweater (be prepared, mom, to help), but otherwise I think they were pretty good buys. Jeremy did not get so lucky. We headed to lunch - Chipotle... shared a burrito. Then, we went to Newport on the Levee, which is like Easton on the Ohio River. We thought we would check out the movie selection. I wanted to see Fame; Jeremy would have gone, but I wanted to do something we would both enjoy.
So, we decided
After the Aquarium, we went to eat at Montgomery Inn, a famous rib place in Cinncinati. The one we went to overlooks the river. It was a very unique dining experience because of the river, circular restaurant, and greater experience. The ribs that Jeremy had were (according to him) delicious - juicy, thick, and falls-off-the-bone. I ordered blackened salmon with sauteed veggies. (I don't like ribs or bbq sauce.) My salmon was delicious! As I was eating my veggies, I noticed a strange looking herb on one of my zucchinis. I said to Jeremy, "Look it looks like a bug!" I was just kidding until I looked closer and noticed it really was a cooked bug! (FYI, this pic is not the actual bug, but I do have a pic on my cell phone if you want to see it!) I finished my salmon and left my veggies. When the waitress came to take our plates, I mentioned the bug and showed it to her on the side of my plate. She had a disgusted look on her face and said she would show the manager. When she returned, she had taken my meal off the ticket and offered us each a dessert of our choice. We were stuffed already, but who turns down dessert! So, I ordered strawberry
shortcake, and Jeremy ordered profiteroles. Huge portions came our way! My strawberry shortcake was delicious. There were three profiteroles on Jeremy's plate. These are cream puff shells filled with vanilla ice cream (from Graeters) and topped with thick hot fudge. We were unable to finish what we ordered, but it was worth the effort. :) Even with the bug, I would still recommend Montgomery Inn, the food was amazing.Sunday, we went to IKEA before heading home. We checked out the kitchen set-ups, and I was once again a little jealous. We bought two tiny tables to replace our coffee table, but that was it. We got home around 4pm. Jeremy is at his LIFE group (youth group small group), and I am here blogging. Hope everyone has a great upcoming week.
No comments:
Post a Comment