
My parents came to visit on Friday night through Saturday lunch. They brought a crib and changing table - a nice, used gift from my brother. My aunt had made Jeremy and I a queen-sized flannel comforter for our wedding gift (if you are not jealous with that statement, you should be because a flannel comforter is a little piece of heaven!). She gave my mom the leftover scraps from the comforter. My mom thought she would turn them into throw pillows for our bed, which was a great idea. Three years has passed and still no pillows, but she made a baby blanket out of the scraps instead. It is great - so soft, natural colors,

and perfect. I am excited to put it on the floor for baby Yoh to lay on. Thanks, Mom! (You can see the blanket draped over the crib rail.) So, the nursery finally looks more like a nursery. We have a glider rocker, crib, changing table, bookshelf, and dresser.... and one measly picture yet to be hung. So many ask about the theme for the nursery. I have no idea. I don't intend on registering on any fancy bedding, just sheets, for the crib. My one picture has about 9 farm animals on it. I like it, but don't really want a farm animal theme. I would be okay with an animal theme however - you know, wild ones and domesticated ones. My mom has a framed embroidery project with the alphabet and different animals just sitting in a closet at her house. She said I could add this to my wall art. I remember this hanging up when I was growing up, so I'll probably pick that up at some point. (Perhaps she can just wrap it up for my baby shower!) That's it for now. We need to touch up some worn paint on the changing table, but otherwise, the nursery is ready for the baby. Well, almost....
1 comment:
Your nursery looks great! I always felt it made it seem so much real to have things set up in the nursery! We would laugh at each other because we found ourselves walking by and taking a peek dreaming about what our little one would look like...now we know, as busy as he is and as tiring as it can be, we wouldn't trade it for the world, we love our little guy -- someday really soon, you will see your little one!!
Post a Comment