Thursday, November 19, 2009
Thursday
Today was a rough day on the job. I wonder how kids get the way they get. There are a lot of good kids out there. Like the girl who is a problem in a lot of classes, but said to me today, "I like your class." Or the way they work so hard to learn science that is so hard, even for the average kid - things like: meiosis, homologous chromosomes, mitosis, PMAT, etc. It is a lot to ask, and a lot of them step up to the plate every day. There are others that say, "We missed you yesterday; where were you?" These are the students that keep me going back to school. It is hard when you give and give and give, and get nothing in return. You provide structure to the class, give kids second chances, start with a new page everyday, and they accuse you of being unfair and push the limits in any way possible. Some sleep through class on a habitual basis, and others you wish would sleep because then they wouldn't be a distraction to those wanting to learn. I think my students are great, even the tough ones. I know they want to learn because eventually they work. I just wish it would happen without arguing about it first. Every day is a new day and I keep reminding myself of that. I also remind myself that I only have 19 days til Christmas break, and a good chance of having a 12 week break! Pray for may sanity and patience for tomorrow. I just need a little more energy to get through this week. Okay, thanks for reading. It is not hopeless, just difficult.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment