Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Vacation!

It has begun, and I am so excited! On Monday, Madison and I went on a walk to the park to swing a bit. On Tuesday, we met Tara and Grace at Park of Roses for a walk. We walked for almost an hour. (Tara is a relentless partner!!) Then, they had to take off for an appointment. Madison and I enjoyed the surprisingly cool (relative term here) morning by playing in the sand and with the other playground equipment. It was a great place. Today, I sent her off to the sitter's again and headed to the school for a day of planning for our new academy next year. (If you really want to know what this is all about, I can explain it sometime.) It was a good day of collaboration with teachers, but I don't know how much we finalized. After dinner, Madison and I headed out to the driveway to play with the rice (read a few blogs back) and sidewalk chalk. We both were sweating by the time we were out there for a half hour or so. I look forward to more memories - even just sitting on the couch after her nap watching Barney with her on my lap... so sweet :) I do not look forward to more heat... looks like mornings will be busy, naps in the afternoon, and maybe a venture out in the evening again. For all you other stay-at-home moms, I am free to hang out now; give me a call.... while playing with Madison is a blast, I also enjoy some adult interaction!

Jeremy and I signed up to teach the 4th graders at church for this month. As much as I have rebelled against this in the past because I already teach all week, I really enjoyed doing this with Jeremy. We only had 4 kids this Sunday, but they were fun - super chatty! They did a great job with the Bible passage from Acts 14. Paul and Barnabus are preaching the Gospel in various cities. When they get to one town, the people want to worship them like gods; they flee. This was to illustrate how people need to stand up for what is right. It was good. I also brought them pumpkin muffins, which they raved about and all wanted the recipe when I told them how easy they are. So, I gave it to them :) For all you teachers out there that just want Sunday as a break, maybe you just need to try an age you don't normally teach and do it with someone you enjoy!

No comments: