Madison asked to go take a stroller walk after Ellie woke up today. I asked where she wanted to go, and she said (surprise, surprise), the park. We had already been outside most of the morning, but I usually don’t turn down a chance to walk; so, off we went. When we got there, she did not head for the slides or the swings. She found a tree to practice her tree climbing skills. Granted, it was more like climbing across the tree than climbing up the tree, but it kept her busy for a good thirty minutes. She was incredible elusive for pictures,
but I managed to catch a few. (Does this conjure up senior picture memories anyone??)
Meanwhile, Ellie busied herself in the shade. First she ate leaves. Madison and I say, “No eatin’ leaves, Ellie! You’re not a cow.” I am just relaying this in case you are around her and hear her say it – she is not calling Ellie names, just reminding her not to eat grass! You can see her going after it in this picture.
Then, I put on Madison’s sunhat to see if it fit Ellie. Madison doesn’t wear it, and Ellie’s hat is too small for her head. She took some model-esque pictures…. if you ignore the drool cascading down her chin, and the snot running out of her nose! (We are all battling a cold right now.)
Yesterday, we got to go walking with Tara and Grace and then play at the park. It made me miss my Columbus friend even more, but what a good chance it was to reconnect. I took pictures, but they were, I discovered after getting home, “demo” pics. I had left my camera card in the computer. So I have no tangible evidence of the fun that was had as the girls ran, picked flowers, swung, slid, talked, chased, rode, and hugged good-bye. But their friendship was re-kindled as I hope it will be in the years to come.
1 comment:
LOVE the idea from Pintrest. Thank you! Perhaps that could be my next project?
Thank you for the idea and for the encouragement to keep at it!
LOVE these pictures. That pink hat kills me. And those cheeks? Crazy cute!! Your girls are just precious.
Post a Comment