Every year, Salem has an outdoor worship service weekend at Camp Luz. It is a great time. We missed it last year, but we were around this year. It starts on Saturday afternoon. I usually show up frazzled from trying to get food ready for the carry-in on Saturday and Sunday. But once there, it is totally fine.
This year, we played volleyball, canoed, and tried to learn how to unicycle on Saturday. Oh, and we swam some.
The girls and Jeremy stayed overnight on Saturday. They have tent camped in the past, and the girls look forward to this. Due to a huge thunderstorm passing through, they went the lodge route. In the morning, there is some breakfast for them. I held down the fort. I finished up my chicken parmesan sandwiches for the crock pot and took care of Pepper. Madison had made a fantastic decorated cake for our second carry-in dish.
Sunday morning started sunny and clouded up, but never rained. We held the worship service outside on the lawn. It is a good experience to worship in new places.
Then, we swam (I didn’t, others did), played more volleyball, unicycled more, canoed more, and hung out. It was a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment