Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Short week = Long week

Yes, those are equivalent in my world. I feel like when we have a short week, they feel sooo long. I think it is because I anticipate the week to go quickly and plan activities for the three day weekend. So, it is dragging by at an unbearable pace. On a positive note, the week has been good. I mean there has been no major discipline issues, the kids have been on task, it has been fairly stress free. I suppose that beats out a stressful, but quick week. On a funny note, we played UNO today because we had a mixed up schedule at school. In my fifth period class, the student who won performed a very intense celebration dance. I told him he should be penalized for excessive celebration like they do in the NFL. Regardless, it was fun to see such enthusaism.

Jeremy has learned of a possible job opportunity. It is nice to have something in the works. I think that a new possibility is always uplifting. Please pray for guidance and patience on that.

Our cars are old. I am trying to admit this to myself and having a hard time. The Toyota is a 1996 (my graduation year); the Honda is a 1999. I feel like they should not be that old. In reality, they are old by car standards. This has been brought to my attention because the muffler on the Honda was loose. We took it to get fixed, ended up having to buy a whole new muffler, and learned the brakes were down to the metal. The price was not right for us, but I certainly want brakes on my car to work . Then, the Toyota went in today for an oil change and came out with a new radiator hose, as well as a laundry list of things that should be fixed in the near future. I am pretty sure at this point the mechanic felt sorry for our bank account and didn't push to fix everything! On a positive note, they should run for a few more years after we get it all fixed. Otherwise, life is good.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

The Neon is also a 99 and her dimiss seems rapidly approaching. I am hesitent to put anymore money into the car. I just put new struts for $700. That is probably all the car is worth. We should go test driving together again!

Beth said...

I just now realized that I was tagged! I'm pretty slow...but then you probably already know that!

It is so nice to know that you are back in Ohio, even though I don't communicate much. Please realize that we still LOVE to see you guys.

The seven facts about you were great...kids...hmmmmmm....!!!