Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Good Day

Yesterday was a GREAT day! I took the day off to go with Jeremy to a financial advisor about his 401(k) that is quickly diminishing in size. We slept a little late, went to the appointment, and had lunch. I went for a chilly walk in the afternoon - day 5 of exercising... in a row!! Then, I rented two chick flicks - Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2 and 27 Dresses. I really liked both of them, but I am a sucker for the chick flick. Jeremy went to the hockey game to do some of his security thing. I went to small group.

Today, I went back to school, and it was a GOOD day. My kids behaved well and did work for the sub yesterday. Today, we worked on volume of a liquid using a graduated cylinder. They measured a specified amount, brought it to me to check the accuracy and either got my signature for approval or had to go back and re-do it. It appeared that they were having a lot of fun - getting down at eye level, watching for the bottom of the meniscus to hit the correct increment on the graduated cylinder (lots of vocabulary words in that sentence). The sub that was there for another teacher (who I share the room with) said she wanted to call me Queen Yoh because I just sat on my "throne" as they brought graduated cylinders to me. I thought that was a cute metaphor. It was a relaxing and enjoyable time. I came home and did a yoga strengthening DVD - day 6 of exercising ... in a row! (I really need a reward for making it a week, but I don't know what that would be that costs no money and is not food which will conteract the exercise benefits....)

Jeremy had an interview for an internship for a GIS position. He said the interview went as well as he could have hoped for, and that, unlike other postings, he will know within a week one way or the other. Please pray for confidence and patience regardless of the outcome.

No comments: