This week of school was only three days long which is wonderful, right? In general, yes. I think it still feels like a full 5 days somehow. The students have been relatively good. My science kids have a test tomorrow (Friday). So, today we played Trivial Pursuit with the test topics. Hopefully, that got something out of that. I am really worried that they don't know this information very well. I think I taught it in an understandable manner, but maybe didn't spend enough time on it. I just can't think of enough creative ways to do the same thing to reinforce a topic. I think that is the hardest part; I am always searching for resources.
Jeremy's time at the Y latchkey program is always exciting. He managed to beat some 4th graders in Connect 4 this morning. I learned there he knows a sure win strategy :) He also had the opportunity to play paper football with a "Dennis the Menace" kid in the afternoon. Oh, the things he gets to do - and get paid! Please keep praying for his job situation. We are still waiting to hear about one of the jobs that he applied for previously. There are also some internship opportunities that are coming up starting in January. In security news, he could work the Metallica concert this Sunday night, but he thinks it would be a lot of work... could be fun (with the earplugs), too! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment