really long for me, but I guess that happens. My students were good; it was just long. On Friday, I used this techie gadget called an ELMO in my science class 3rd period. (See picture to the right of what ours pretty much looked like.) I was late arriving and the science teacher was covering for me until I was released from a meeting. So, she had bought this thing for her class. It made 3rd period so fun! All it does is project your actual paper - colors and all - through a projector onto a screen. I also put the calculator under it so that kids could see me (my actual finger in 3-D!!) pushing the buttons. Yes, it takes very little to get excited. We also took time to put faces, IDs, shoes, and other miscellaneous items under it. Teaching would be so fun if everyone had an ELMO. :)Jeremy and I went out on a date on Friday night. We headed to Lucky House for some Chinese food. We haven't had Chinese food, or eaten out at a nicer restaurant, since last month. It was good to be able to just sit and talk without any distractions. I know for many of you the distractions are kids, but we don't have kids, and I still feel like we have very little time to talk about more than what stresses me out at work, and what Jeremy has been up to all day. So, this was a real treat. Saturday, Jeremy went to a training on communicable diseases, while I washed clothes. I also went for a walk in the drizzle and planned meals for next week. Fairly productive, but relaxing day. Today (Sunday), is cold, cold, cold and windy - bad combination for motivation to do a whole lot of anything. We are home from church and a youth leader training. Jeremy is studying for his upcoming mid-term, and I am blogging - trying to be motivated to do some school work.. yuck. Hope everyone has a good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment