Thursday, December 31, 2015

First LOST Tooth

Well, this is one post that was lost in the busyness of life.  But I wanted to at least get it posted before the new year. 

Madison LOST her first tooth on December 12.  Shortly before Thanksgiving, she and Ellie had stayed at my parents’ house.  Madison woke mom in the middle of the night to let her know that her teeth – both front bottom ones – were loose!  Just like that.  And loose they were.  She was pretty nervous about what it would be like and what to expect.  I think she was really scared it would hurt bad and that she would swallow it acccidentally. 

DSC_6064So, it sat loose over the course of the next few weeks.  Finally, on December 12, she and Ellie were running around the house playing.  They were diving onto the giant bear in Ellie’s room.  I was cleaning up from cutting out the Christmas cookies.  All of a sudden, Madison runs in and yells, “I lost my tooth!  I lost my tooth!”  I asked her where it was.  She got a confused look on her face; she had no clue.  She said she had dove on the bear and then felt something different, so she went to look in the bathroom mirror, and her tooth was gone. 

We proceeded to look around the scene of the incident.  Sure enough.  There in the white fur of the big white bear, we found her tiny white tooth!  It was amazing. 

DSC_6066     DSC_6065

Madison was so excited and wanted to call everyone right away.  So, we did. 

She put it under her pillow that night.  The tooth fairy brought her $1 and a very nice letter about how she is proud of how Madison takes care of her teeth.  It was a good day for her.

DSC_6068

No comments: